14 Ways To Decorate With Terrazzo
Hey, hey, hey! Have you noticed? Terrazzo is trending and I love it. I found so many examples of this trend over the past year while attending Europe's largest design fairs. Are you seeing more and more Terrazzo where you live too? Today I have pulled together some ways to use it in your home, from the real deal (flooring) to patterns on objects for the home, including textiles. But first, how about a little design lesson, what is terrazzo exactly?
For those of you who aren't sure, terrazzo is, "A composite material, poured in place or precast, which is used for floor and wall treatments. It consists of chips of marble, quartz, granite, glass, or other suitable material, poured with a cementitious binder. Metal strips divide sections, or changes in color or material in a pattern. Additional chips may be sprinkled atop the mix before it sets. After it is cured, it is ground and polished smooth or otherwise finished to produce a uniformly textured surface." - Wikipedia.
Now let's explore some modern ways to use it in the home AND see some beautiful examples of it on floors, too. For more inspo, visit and pin from my Pinterest board: .
1. from Anthropologie
2. Terrazzo kitchen floors and counter, by MADE Architects/Olmo Peeters (also shown in opening photo and below).
3. Terrazzo-patterned shower curtain, Urban Outfitters
4. The home of Nikki McCullagh in courtesy of
5. Overscale terrazzo floor from
6. Paradiso is a coffee shop in Geneva, photographer Miguel Guzman, from .
7. Besler & Sons bookends
8. Handmade terrazzo bowls and serving boards at
9. Terrazzo pencils from
10. Terrazzo table base from
11. Terrazzo wallpaper from
12. Terrazzo Max Lamb countertop, London,
13. terrazzo lamp and pillow
14. Maison Kitsune terrazzo heaven in Paris (I was there in March, it's better in person!)
Have you seen an terrazzo inspo lately that caught you eye? I'd love to see more of it, I think it's absolutely great - it's like crazy confetti and looks so cheerful to me. Let's hear it for terrazzo - the forgotten flooring that's making a strong comeback and not just for floors, but in interiors objects and fashion too.
See you tomorrow with a post about how I turned my son's nursery into a big boy's room!