International Magazine Swap Program - Sign up!
Thanks to cattledogs reader, lharwin, I now recall who organized the recent International Magazine Swap, . Unfortunately, that swap has ended... But since so many of you emailed me regarding my earlier post today, I guess I could try my hand at organizing one for you. If you'd like to participate, read the following "rules" and if you can comply, write to me ASAP.
1) NEEDED: 10 international (NOT US - Canada and beyond) and 10 domestic (USA) swappers.
2) 1 domestic swapper will pair up with 1 international swapper. I'll send you both your complete mailing addresses and email address so you can arrange everything on your own.
3) Once paired with a swapmate, you are responsible to complete the transaction via email. I'm not involved in this process.
4) Mail 2-3 magazines from your country to your swapmate. They will send the same number of magazines to you. Make sure you agree on a number before sending magazines out.
5) Issues must be BRAND NEW and CURRENT (for this swap, issues need to be either August or September issues).
6) Registration ends Friday, August 25th at 5pm EST OR when 20 participants are registered.
7) I'm sure we'll have more sign up on the US side, so I can only take the first 10 that email me. Let's hope we get more than 10 international swappers, in which case, we may be able to include a few more from the US side and up the numbers. Let's wait and see...
8) Remember that mailing magazines outside of the US can be somewhat expensive, I recently sent 2 magazines to Australia via airmail and it was around $17 USD. My swapmate spent around $35 Australian to send magazines to me (although she included an 3rd magazine and a little frame as gift). If you want to swap, remember, you'll need to pay for the shipping. Some people may not consider this when signing up...
9) Ask your swapmate if they have a preference, some of us already have access to International magazines here (and vice versa), so you should let your swapmate know your preference up front.
10) To register, please send me your full name, email, and mailing address to register. Commenting below is great, but you are not officially registered until you EMAIL me at cattledogsblog [at] yahoo [dot] com.
Please help spread the word on your blogs so we can obtain plenty of International swappers!
[UPDATE 8/15: Domestic registration is now closed. We're still looking for a few more International swappers, so if you live outside of the U.S., please register if this is something you'd be interested in doing! I decided, due to overwhelming response, to increase the swap to 40, 20 Domestic and 20 International.]