Tagged, I'm It!
I was tagged by and now by to join in on a blogger game which states that I need to share with you six weird things about myself. When Victoria emailed me, my immediate reply was "Only six?". I have way more.
1. I met my husband on the internet. I wrote an article that published online in '98 and he read it and wrote to me to comment on it. We quickly became penpals for a year, then met up while I was vacationing in Europe, and married in 2001. I now believe in soulmates and the power of meeting men online. I like to tease him by calling him my Internet Bride. :)
2. I am obsessed with and The Smiths. Before getting married, I'd hop flights just to see him in concert. The best was a back to back concert in London, 1999.
3. I have 3 blog stalkers. One of them recently sent me a creepy e-Hallmark card. I get these mean emails and 'anon' comments trying to pick fights with me almost daily. I never saw myself as stalker-worthy, so on a very strange level, I'm somewhat flattered by it. I thrive under pressure, so they keep me on my toes and give me a lot to laugh about with my friends and husband.
4. When I was a teenager, I had over 200 penpals from all over the world. I'd get upwards of 25 letters per day. I spent hours writing letters and sending off the little illustrations I penciled, along with puffy stickers, of course.
5. I love roller skating and cheesy old skating rinks. Careless Whisper from Wham! always takes me back to my first ever "couple skate", a night I'll never forget because a couple skate meant everything back then.
6. As a child, I loved to rearrange the furniture in my parents' home on a regular basis. They'd walk in after work and find everything in different rooms, furniture moved, bookcases, everything. When I say regular, I'm not kidding either. Weekly. I would buy those books with the floor plans for homes inside and, using them as inspiration, I'd draw my version of the perfect house using graph paper, pencils, and my trusty wooden ruler. I was forever rearranging our home and drafting up these crazy home plans. This started at around age 7.
okay and finally... I'll a 7th to this list. I am a addict. To me, it's the best website out there. I could spend HOURS on it. Here is a to my Flickr favorites, some shown above.
Okay... That's it! I'll tag the , the , and now. Maybe they'd like to play along?