New Blogs On The Block
I've had a lot of really nice bloggers write in over the past few months, or readers writing in about their favorite blogs, to share a bit of their world with me. I appreciate this, and am flattered my these emails, so thank you. As a way to show my gratitude, here's a mini blog round-up, from my inbox to you! I'm thrilled to see the world of blogging grow, it's so exciting.
- A blog for the style obsessed bride. Abby McLucas is a married lady who designs stationery under the brand , her paper goods can be found in stores throughout the United States. Abby has a beautiful blog with excellent wedding tips and inspiration for the bride, it's gorgeous!
- They have an amazing , and now they're blogging about design in the UK. Always a new find that most of us stateside haven't heard of yet. Check them out!
- Another gorgeous bridal blog that I just discovered after clicking around Style Me Pretty. This blog isn't new, she's been blogging for awhile already, but it's too beautiful to not include in this round-up. Packed with informative posts, inspirational finds, tips, and altogether lovely things, the blogger is also the owner of out of Brooklyn. Love!
- Erin Glover is a blogger from Albuquerque, New Mexico that just started her blog. She plans to talk about everything from art and design to movies, food, wine, and whatever her heart desires. Thanks for writing in, Erin! - Interior designer and freelance writer, Jennifer Mitchell, is the author of this new design blog. Let's see if Jennifer can put Detroit on the design map! I think she can!
- A blog created by two friends, Jo and Kim, that showcases beautiful interiors from the pages of magazines and the portfolios of designers and firms around the room. Beautiful! - I love the name of Erinn's blog, Happy Living. Who can resist a blog with such a cheery outlook?
- A Boston-based blogger (yeah!), Jeniffer Almonte loves design and is on a mission to share her voice with others that seek fresh, bold finds.
- Pamela Viola offers a print, in an edition of 100, for sale with $10 from each sale going to a rotating list of charities. They sell for $25 including domestic postage and this blog showcases her beautiful prints.
- After years of collecting everything from plastic saints and Hindu posters to oilcloth bags and Mexican pop culture trinkets, LA artists/designers Jennifer and Josh Hoffert decided it was time to share their love of kitsch with others through their , and now, their blog.
- Bradford is an artist located in San Diego that blogs about his work, offering it for sale via his blog. He paints primarily figurative, still life, landscape, portrait and abstract in acrylics and oil on either canvas or board. Excellent!
- Nancy Kulfas blogs from Buenos Aires, Argentina about handmade objects desiged by Argentine artists. Thank you Nancy for sharing finds from your beautiful country with us!
- I don't much about the woman behind *Terramia*, but I see her commenting all over the place, and truly love her energy and positivity - her support means so much to me. Her blog is all about decorating, a fun read from a great lady!
- Here's another active blogger and blog reader, she comments on blogs frequently with such supportive words. She loves needlepoint, cherry blossoms, and the color pink. We just love her. :)
In looking at these blogs, as well as so many others, I'm especially interested in those that specialize in something special, like the wedding bloggers, the mid century modern lovers, the stationery blogs, etc. Readers always write to me asking about blogs and how to get started, and I'm quick to reply that more blogs are needed that focus on a particular subject matter, one that the blogger is experienced in and passionate about, those are really needed. Maybe you're a graphic designer and you want to blog about what inspires your work, how you create images, etc. Or perhaps you love letterpress and own one, and you love to create beautiful cards.... Maybe you can blog about this along with a few mini tutorials and images that walk the rest of us through the process.
If you want to start a blog and wonder what you will talk about, think about what it is you know. Think of what your friends tend to ask you about the most. Think about what you would like to say to a whole new world of readers that will flock to your site to read your words.
Do you realize how helpful a blog about entertaining is, or a blog about writing song lyrics, crochet, pulling together a room, an outfit, or a blog that helps someone learn about opera music or the art of quilting. Whatever it is you consider yourself a smarty pants at is what you should blog about. Have a voice, stand up, show your skills - blog! :)
And welcome to all the bloggers above, you make the world a better place, you can believe that for sure!