Last year, launched a campaign called in celebration of the personal, sweet differences that makes us all so unique and which serves to unite us.I like how they sum it up, "Difference makes us. Life is beautiful, not because of our similarities, but because of our differences. It’s our mission to celebrate those differences." So true!
Part of the celebration of this campaign is how our bedside table looks since believes every personality has a quite unique style, different accessories, lighting, etc. which shows the taste and lifestyle of the person who sleeps in that space. No two bedside tables are alike, even in a shared bed - my husband has different things on his bedside table - right down to his lamp!
Etsy asked me if I wanted to show my bedside table so I agreed and so, here it it is. BUT. They asked me to shop Etsy for some items that I thought could be used to spruce it up and then, they'd offer ALL of the products in a contest on their Instagram (you can enter on or from your app) for one lucky winner. This is a value of €275.00 (not including what you would have paid for shipping) AND you get a bonus of 3 extra cups NOT shown on my bedside table. What???? Yup. You heard me right!
What did I pick from Etsy?
1. from 1220 Ceramics Studio (€34.06) 2. from 1220 Ceramics Studio (I use one for tea, the others are in the kitchen on my shelf, €66.18) 3. (3) from Lysa Creation Design on the wall near my prints and the handprints of my son (€80) 4. that smells like leather and wood from Kaoriko Paris, Portofino in Copper with Soy Wax (€45) 5. from Trend Bolt (sorry, cup wasn't included in shipment, €49)
8 Ways To Decorate Your Bedside Table:
- Use any table, chair, bench, dresser... Anything you like that looks good next to your bed and is not too high. Test first by laying in bed and reach over to the table to see if it's too high. If you have to stretch too high or if it's not feeling practical in any way, it's not the right table.
- What are your storage needs? I don't need much near my bed, a few private things and a few books. So the private things are in the box on my bedside table (beneath the lamp) and the basket below is where I store other things by mainly books and magazines.
- Take the decor up from the table to the wall. I like to create something that flows down from the wall to the table. Some people like to hang art work directly above their bedside table OR hang a pendant or a wall light. I always feel like there needs to be a little something above the bedside table, even if not DIRECTLY above it. Makes the bedroom feel more cozy.
- Flowers. Always. They don't have to be expensive. Or a plant. Also a beautiful, natural piece to add to a bedside table. I love flowers because I can change them often enough to give the bedside table a new look. Tulips, daffodils, sprigs of eucalyptus, pussy willows, roses - the entire look changes with the addition of different flowers.
- Vase. I have to have a vase for the flowers! I also like to keep it empty sometimes because this vase is pretty enough to stand on it's own.
- Lamp. A good lamp to read by, I like the wooden one I have... But also I like that it's not a typical-looking bedside table lamp with a big shade and ceramic base. It's fun to have something quirky in a bedroom that you may expect on a work desk or credenza, for instance. There are no rules, as long as the light shines in the right spot for reading and fits your style.
- Candle. Always a scented candle. In the winter, I like wood and leather or something that smells like a fresh walk in a snowy forest. In summer, I go with Grapefruit or Rose, or something more sensual. Candlelight is rela and romantic, too.
- Tray. I love a tray to catch things like a pen, bookmark, remote control (if you have a TV in your room, we do not), wireless speaker remote (which we do have), etc.
Items also shown, not from Etsy include:
1. is from Bloomingville (It's a kids table but I use it for my bedside since the height and width are perfect) 2. Basket beneath for books and magazines from 3. Wall art (except hand prints) from 4. from Muuto 5. from Fashion For Home 6. from Pine Cone Hill 7. from Pine Come Hill 8. on table from Atelier Sukha.
See this photo below? You will win ALL THIS STUFF if you go to the and enter under the #DifferenceMakesUs photo ( - we decided to move the contest from my IG over to Etsy so sorry for the confusion!).
Thank you for including me in this fun campaign!
(Photography/Styling: Holly Becker)